PFSO Board 2019-2020
- PFSO is the Parent Faculty Student Organization at Foothill Technology High School. Our mission is to support students and staff through fundraising as well as active volunteering and participation. We support students by providing funds for the science department, Speech & Debate, Cheers for Children, Grad Nigh, graduation, Care Network, senior gifts, and AP exams. For faculty and staff, we provide enrichment funds, classroom supplies at our annual Teacher Tower event, a welcome back lunch in the fall, a winter breakfast, and end of year breakfast. We also host Staff Appreciation Week in the spring.
- PFSO Membership - look for Foothill Tech High School PFSO on Venmo
Please note that phone numbers and emails are available in members’ directories.
|Elected Officers||Committee Chairs|
|President: Jennifer Duston||Hospitality Chairs: Nicole Corsi & Priscilla D'Campo|
|VP and Ways & Means: Adele Grenier||Teacher Grants Chair: Jessica Leavens|
|Secretary: Valerie Zeko||Teacher Appreciation: open|
|Treasurer: Margarida Eidson||PAC Representative: Carmelita Young Everard|
|Parliamentarian: Jessica Benson||Event Co-Chair #1: Melanie Lindsey|
|Membership: Hollee Winegar||Event Co-Chair #2: open|
|School Site Council: Liz Donnelly, Elke Fedde, Becca Wulff, Tamie Stewart|
|Senior Breakfast: open|
How you can help FTHS PFSO:
- Join PFSO every year. Membership is only $25 a year for a family. Joining every year ensures you're on our mailing list and will hear about opportunities to donate and volunteer.
- Attend our annual fundraiser. Enjoy an evening out with parents and faculty and bid on items in the silent and live auctions. Donate items for auction, sponsor a table or advertise in the program.
- Dine with Dragons. Enjoy a night out and support PFSO by attending Dining with Dragons at various restaurants throughout the year.
- Attend FPSO meetings. This is your chance to hear what's going on at FTHS and how you can help. Everyone is invited.
- Donate items for our annual Teacher Tower (school supplies for teachers).
- Donate food items. Every year, PFSO hosts a Welcome Back Lunch, a winter breakfast, and a year end breakfast for staff.
- Help plan our annual fundraiser. We need you!
If you have any questions about PFSO please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Attendance: email@example.com
ATTENDANCE INFORMATION 2019-2020
Foothill Technology High School staff and students work together to create an atmosphere of accountability and responsibility. Every student will make choices that demonstrate the values of accountability and prompt, consistent attendance. The FTHS policy is intended to promote attendance in class as the highest priority.
The primary responsibility of the student is to be in class to maximize their opportunities for success. Excessive tardiness and absences have a direct correlation to poor student performance and are detrimental to the learning environment. Parents/guardians, students, teachers and administrators all have shared responsibility to ensure that a quality education is priority. The FTHS attendance policy is directed toward achieving that goal.
Parent/Guardian Responsibilities and Information
- Make sure your student is in school and on time.
- When your student is absent from school you may:
- Write a note excusing your student’s absence or
- Call in your student’s absences to our 24 hour phone line at 289-0023 ext. 1002 OR
- E-mail your student’s excuse to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.
- See main attendance page for more detailed attendance information.
- VUSD Calendars
- VUSD Q Connect
- VUSD Parent FAQ's (including information on parent Q connect, School of Choice information, school lunch information, bus routes etc.)
- Parent Q Mobile APP