Welcome to Foothill Technology High School, Home of the Dragons!
September 11, 2020 UPDATE:
Our “Fall” sports coaches (Cross Country, Boys & Girls Water Polo, Boys & Girls Volleyball) have been given clearance from the District to begin pre-season Phase One conditioning activities as early as Sept. 22 if all necessary training has been completed. We encourage you to review the announcement and accompanying guidelines for what is and is not permitted in Phase One.
Coach and student safety is our top priority, and the coaches are being asked in Phase One to assume many new responsibilities re: health screening, sanitizing, planning, and implementing these unique workouts. Phase One pre-season workouts are strictly voluntary for both coaches and students; team tryouts will not occur during Phase One and students who are not able to participate at this time will not be negatively impacted.
The 2020-21 “Fall” season will not officially begin and tryouts will not be held any earlier than November 2; for your reference, the 2020-21 CIF “Fall” season calendar is available here.
We are working with our coaches this week to determine timelines for each sport, facilities access, and procedures, as well as complete required training, and appreciate your patience as the coaches work through these planning and preparation steps.
Once a timeline and facilities are confirmed for each sport, communication will be sent out next week and posted on each team’s webpage and calendar. Each student will be required to complete athletic clearance and participate in a team meeting with the head coach before they would be allowed to participate.
Thank you again for your patience; we appreciate your support of our coaches as they figure out how to navigate this new challenge! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Athletic Director Jamaal Brown or Principal Gibbs.
- VUSD Phase One guidelines
- VUSD Guidelines for Multi-Sport Athletes
- VUSD Fall 2020 Athletics webpage
- CDC Factsheet
- Pandemic Sports Release / Español - Must be completed and submitted to coach before practicing in Phase One.
- VUSD Student Daily Health Check - Student must self-screen daily prior to coming to Phase One practices.
- VC Reopens Youth Sports Guidance
- California Interscholastic Federation Guidelines for Return to Physical Activity
- NFHS Guidance for Opening of High School Athletics
- ATHLETIC CLEARANCE: Prior to trying out for or practicing with a team, students must submit Athletic Clearance documentation, which includes a sports physical clearance dated within the past 12 months. Begin the online clearance process at https://registermyathlete.com/login/ and use the instructions found here. If you are unable to complete clearance online, please contact the school office for a packet at 289-0023 x1016. If you encounter issues with clearance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPORTS PHYSICALS: As part of the athletic clearance process, students must submit a Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Clearance, signed by a medical provider and dated within the past 12 months. If your physical will “expire” during the season of sport, you will need a new physical before that season begins. Sports physicals are valid for one year, therefore we highly recommend scheduling sports physicals annually in May/June, so you will be cleared for the summer and entire schoolyear.
• Questions? Please check our team webpages for more details or contact the FTHS Athletics Department.
Please find more info on each team under the seasonal menu headers.