Girls Water Polo
3/1/21 TESTING NOTIFICATION:
Water Polo families,
As you may know, we have been given clearance by the state, county, and school district to begin competitions if all players and coaches are tested weekly.
If players would like to compete, they need to get a COVID-19 test each week through the end of the season (March 20). You can find a free testing location at: https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/. Results are typically available within 24-48 hours.
Once you receive the results, please complete the form here to submit your test results to our school health office. The school nurse and health tech will review your results and notify the coach of your eligibility to play.
If you would like to play in our first scrimmage with Buena this Friday, please get tested by the end of the day on Tuesday, so you will receive your results on Wednesday. **Update: for the week of March 1 only, due to the short notice, test results will be accepted until noon on the day of the scrimmage. We recommend testing again over the weekend so you will be cleared for the following week.**
- The test date must be no more than 7 days prior to a game.
- The test result needs to be submitted by noon the day before the contest.
- If a student-athlete has tested positive in the last 90 days, you may get a note from your doctor excusing you from the testing requirement for a specific time period (dates of the time period must be specified on the doctor’s note). That note can be accepted instead of a test for the qualifying time period, please submit to the health office via the form linked above.
- Players and coaches must continue self-screening every day before practice or competition and should stay home if experiencing symptoms.
If you have questions about testing, please contact the school health office. If you’re unable to submit your test result via the form, please contact the health tech at MaryE.Smith@venturausd.org.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
CIF Southern Section Championships
TCAA League Championships
- 2019-20 Varsity Team: League Champions, Tri-Valley League, CIF-SS Division 5 Qualifiers
- 2018-19 Varsity Team: 2nd Place League, CIF-SS Division 5 Qualifiers
- 2017-18 Varsity Team: Tied for 1st Place in League, CIF-SS Division 3 Qualifiers
- 2016-17 Varsity Team: 2nd Place League, CIF-SS Division 3 Qualifiers
- 2015-16 Varsity Team: CIF-SS Division 7 Runner-Up
- 2014-15 Varsity Team: CIF-SS Division 7 Champions
Home matches are played at Ventura Aquatic Center, 901 S Kimball Rd, Ventura
VISITING SCHOOLS: Click here for directions and information!
Winter Practice/Game Location: Ventura Aquatic Center at Ventura Community Park, 901 S. Kimball Road
Winter Transportation: There will be a bus provided to the Ventura Aquatic Center (VAC), leaving FTHS daily at 2:05pm (route 108). Students who are trying out or on the team should meet the bus in the front of the school immediately after their 5th/6th period. Practice will finish at 5:15pm and students should be picked up promptly from the VAC. Please see Karrie in the front office with any questions.
Contact Coach Shah: email@example.com
(students, please don’t email from your @venturaedu.org email address, as delivery may be prevented by the district filters.)
Assistant Coach: Katelyn Dembowski
Coach Shah has played water polo in Ventura County since the age of 12, competing with Gold Coast Water Polo Club, Buena High School, and Ventura College. She has served as Assistant Coach for the Santa Paula Girls’ Water Polo team for the past four years, and has also coached club. Coach Shah is the Head Swim Coach at St. Bonaventure and previously taught swim for 8 years, serving as Head Lifeguard and Swim Instructor at Ventura Aquatic Center for several years. She is currently attending Cal Lutheran to obtain her teaching credential in special education.