Program & Info
Incoming Dragons for 2021-22
Please complete the Athletics Interest Form, so we can send you updates about summer tryouts & programs.
- If you missed our 5/4/21 Athletics Info meeting, view the recording here.
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE: Prior to trying out for or practicing with a team, students must submit Athletic Clearance documentation, which includes a sports physical clearance dated within the past 12 months. Parents, begin the online clearance process at https://registermyathlete.com/login/ and use the instructions found here. If you are unable to complete clearance online, please contact the school office for a packet at 289-0023 x1016. If you encounter issues with clearance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPORTS PHYSICALS: As part of the athletic clearance process, students must submit a Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Clearance, signed by a medical provider and dated within the past 12 months. If your physical will “expire” during the season of sport, you will need a new physical before that season begins. Sports physicals are valid for one year, therefore we highly recommend scheduling sports physicals annually in May/June, so you will be cleared for the summer and entire schoolyear.
- Sports Physical opportunity:
@ Ventura Orthopedics – Sports Physicals for VUSD high schools
Saturday, June 12, 2021, 7am-10am (first-come, first-serve, we recommend arriving early!)
$25 cash or check payable to “Ventura Orthopedics” (proceeds will be donated to the FTHS Booster Club)
• Questions? Please check our team webpages for more details or contact the FTHS Athletics Department.
Limited Edition Dragon Fan Yard Signs are still available for purchase from the Booster Club! Supply is limited, buy yours today!
$21 if paying online with credit/debit or $20 cash/check to "FTBC" at FTHS front office.
COVID-19 VUSD Resources:
- VUSD Phase One guidelines
- VUSD Guidelines for Multi-Sport Athletes
- VUSD Fall 2020 Athletics webpage
- CDC Factsheet
- Pandemic Sports Release / Español - Must be completed and submitted to coach before practicing in Phase I / II.
- VUSD Student Daily Health Check - Student must self-screen daily prior to coming to Phase I / II practices.
- CDPH Sports Guidance (Dec 2020)
- CIF-SS Update (Dec 2020)
- VC Reopens Youth Sports Guidance (Aug 2020)
- California Interscholastic Federation Guidelines for Return to Physical Activity (June 2020)
- NFHS Guidance for Opening of High School Athletics (May 2020)