Program & Info
8/6/20: INCOMING STUDENTS: Please click the button below to provide the Athletics Department with information about your prior sports experience. Thank you!
- TRYOUTS / SUMMER PRACTICES: No summer athletics activities have been approved due to health and safety measures from the state, county, and district.
- AUGUST 6, 2020 UPDATE:
CIF-SS has announced changes to the 2020-21 high school sports schedules due to COVID-19. Three seasons of sport have been condensed into two seasons, with the Fall season (cross country, B/G volleyball, and B/G water polo) beginning in December/January and the remaining sports scheduled in the Spring season beginning in February/March (Baseball/Softball, B/G Basketball, B/G Soccer, B/G Golf, B/G Tennis, Swim/Dive, Track & Field).
In response to these changes, our athletics team and coaches are working hard on planning, scheduling, and developing new safety and cleaning protocols. Thank you for your patience as we navigate the logistical challenges presented by the pandemic. We are not permitted to hold in-person athletics workouts at this time, but we will continue to keep you informed as things move forward. We recognize the seasons this year will likely be much different than usual, but it is our goal to be able to provide some type of return to the activities and sports our students love!
Semester 1 Class Scheduling: Until we can hold tryouts, returning 10th grade athletes will be scheduled into the same sport as last year for Semester 1 (email Mrs. Carey if you would prefer to be scheduled into PE/ISPE instead). 11th and 12th grade athletes who have satisfied their PE credit might not be scheduled into a sport/CAP until their season begins.
INCOMING 9TH GRADERS: Please complete this form to let us know your prior experience in your sport(s).
- If you are scheduled into a sport class for semester 1, this does not mean you have been added to the team roster – all incoming students will need to tryout before the season begins (once we are able to hold tryouts).
- If you are interested in a sport but have not been scheduled into the sport class for semester 1, this does not mean you cannot be on the team; once tryouts occur if you are added to the team roster, your schedule will be adjusted.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and stay tuned for more information in the weeks and months ahead!
Jamaal Brown, FTHS Athletic Director
- ATHLETIC CLEARANCE: Prior to trying out for or practicing with a team, students must submit Athletic Clearance documentation, which includes a sports physical clearance dated within the past 12 months. Begin the online clearance process at https://registermyathlete.com/login/ and use the instructions found here. If you are unable to complete clearance online, please contact the school office for a packet at 289-0023 x1016.
- SPORTS PHYSICALS: As part of the athletic clearance process, students must submit a Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Clearance, signed by a medical provider and dated within the past 12 months. If your physical will “expire” during the season of sport, you will need a new physical before that season begins. Sports physicals are valid for one year, therefore we highly recommend scheduling sports physicals annually in May/June, so you will be cleared for the summer and entire schoolyear.
• Questions? Please check our team webpages for more details or contact the FTHS Athletics Department.
Please find more info on each team under the seasonal menu headers.