Swim/Dive Summer 2021 Schedule
- UPDATE 7/6/21: Summer Tryouts (for new students only): CANCELED for Tues, July 6 due to pool maintenance. Tryouts WILL be offered Thurs, July 8, 9:45am-11am @ Buena High School pool. If you are unable to tryout at this time, you will have an opportunity to tryout in January 2022 for the spring season.
- 2-week Summer Dead Period (No practices/workouts): June 20-July 3, 2021
To participate in tryouts:
- Students must be cleared through www.registermyathlete.com including sports physical clearance. See Athletics page for more info.
- Must complete Daily Health Check.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**2021 SPRING SEASON**
Home meets are at Buena High School.
TWO spectators are allowed per student-athlete (no exceptions), please observe the following spectator requirements:
1) Masks are required for spectators at all times
2) Distancing is required between separate families to the greatest extent possible
3) Restrooms are available.
4) If experiencing symptoms of possible illness, please do not attend.
Spectator protocols will be strictly enforced. If spectators are not able to abide by these protocols, they will be politely asked to leave the premises.
Thank you for your help in creating a safe environment for our student-athletes to compete!
Home meets are held at Ventura Aquatic Center, 901 S Kimball Rd, Ventura
VISITING SCHOOLS: Click here for directions and information!
Fall Practice/Game Location: Ventura Aquatic Center at Ventura Community Park, 901 S. Kimball Road
Fall Transportation: There will be a bus provided to the Ventura Aquatic Center (VAC), leaving FTHS daily at 2:05pm (route 108). Students who are trying out or on the team should meet the bus in the front of the school immediately after their 5th/6th period. Practice will finish at 5:15pm and students should be picked up promptly from the VAC. Please see Karrie in the front office with any questions.
Contact Coach Maires: firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Coach: Natalie Waechter
Dive Coach: Ann Wright
Thomas Maires has been promoted to the position of Head Boys & Girls Swim Coach. Maires helped launch our highly successful swim program as an assistant coach in the inaugural year of FTHS athletics, then returned for the 2020 season after earning his teaching credential from Cal Lu where he is completing an M.A. in Educational Leadership. He was a CIF swimmer and team captain at Ventura High, before competing for Ventura College where he was Team Captain, Scholar-Athlete of the Year and 2-time Academic All-American, moving on to compete for UC Santa Cruz where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in History. Coach Maires has been instructing and coaching swimmers for over a decade, and focuses on creating a positive environment in which athletes can excel. He is a teacher at Cabrillo Middle School and looks forward to continuing to build on the prior success of the Foothill team.