Track & Field
Summer 2021 - No tryouts/practice. Tryouts will be held in January for the spring season.
*For detailed info, please visit the new Track & Field website*
2021 Spring Season
Families, please be aware that each school may have a different spectator policy. Please check the game date on the team's Calendar for spectator info for each game.
Foothill's Spectator Policy is on the Facilities Tab.
Thank you for your cooperation in creating a safe environment for our student-athletes to play!
1. Must be Academically Eligible.
2. Must be cleared through www.registermyathlete.com including sports physical clearance.
3. Must have already submitted or submit to coach at tryouts a Pandemic Sports Release form.
4. Must complete Daily Health Check.
Contact Coach Dinkler at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Parents/Athletes, you can subscribe to this calendar to sync it with your smartphone or personal calendar system by clicking the Google calendar icon at the bottom right of the calendar above. For guidance, see the instructions here.
**2021 SPRING SEASON**
For home meet @ Buena High School:
1) ONLY FOUR immediate family members per player and coach may attend the game. No exceptions. An administrator will check family members in at the gate based on the team rosters.
2) Masks are required for spectators at all times.
3) Distancing is required between separate families to the greatest extent possible. Please sit at least 6 feet from other families.
4) No food/drink permitted.
5) Please clear the stadium promptly after the game, as Buena has games immediately following ours.
6) Restrooms are available in the stadium.
7) If experiencing symptoms of possible illness, please do not attend.
These spectator protocols will be strictly enforced. If spectators are not able to abide by these protocols, they will be politely asked to leave the premises.
Thank you for your help providing a safe environment that allows our student-athletes to compete!
Practices and home meets are at: Ventura College Sportsplex, 4667 Telegraph Road, Ventura
VISITING SCHOOLS: Click here for directions and information!
Parking at Ventura College: $2 for a daily permit if parking on campus (W lot) or street parking is free on Telegraph or Loma Vista Rd. Campus police will issue a $50 citation for parking on campus without a permit. Parents, when picking up/dropping off, please park in the 30-minute parking spaces facing the main gym OR stay with your car while parked temporarily.
Spring Practice Location: Ventura College practice fields/Sportsplex
Contact Coach Dinkler: email@example.com
Mark Messner - Hurdles
TBA - Distance
Ramon Godinez - Throws
Victor Berezovskiy - Pole Vault
Paul King - Relays
Charlie Feyh - Technical Support
Coach Dinkler has been at Foothill Technology for the last 14 years, teaching tenth and twelfth grade English and coaching both cross country and track. He brings an extensive cross-training background to the program, having competed in swimming and water polo in high school and college and then competing in marathons and triathlons after graduation. He continues to stay active in the running community by racing throughout Southern California. He has coached both youth and high school level athletics.
Track & Field is an ideal sport for any athlete looking to excel in athletic competition. Many of our athletes compete in multiple sports and learn how to increase their speed and improve their agility during the track and field season. Athletes are encouraged to fit their level of talent and their natural ability to the events that will benefit the team’s goals and their individual goals.