The below information is the course syllabus, scope and sequence of curriculum, syllabus, agenda and homework for class, and link to Google Classroom learning content management system.
Introductions and Goals for High School, please!
- My FTHS Decision
Accomplishing Your Goals, "The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind"
- William Kamkwamba
- Final essay
Back to School Night
Lord of the Flies
- General Information; and then
- Golding Bio, Life and Times, and Evil and Sin.
- LOTF Final Essay Question
- LOTF Essay Collaborative
- Female Version of LOTF
- LOTF "Bullying" Essay
Of Mice and Men
Some Personal Narratives, Part I:
George Orwell's "1984"
- "1984" Essay
- 1984 to Now Compare and Contrast Essay
- Final Essay
Common Core Non-Fiction Essay #1: Keeping it Simple, Baby Steps; Significant Prep
- Pro and Con Parent Surveillance of Children and video.
FIRST SEMESTER FINAL EXAM
Personal Narratives, Part II: College Personal Statement, Draft #1
Common Core Non-Fiction Essay #2: Gathering Momentum and Complexity, Doing it Cold
- Text: Pros and Cons School Security Cameras
- Audio: NPR Broadcast
- Video: Pro I and Pro II (frame); Con I and Con II.
- Image: "Watching..."
- Essay Prompt
Common Core Non-Fiction Essay #3: Complexity, Intellectual Excitement, and Laying the Groundwork for Later
- Video From the Beginning of Information Age, Then: Technological Utopia in the 1980s
- Articles How We Live Now, in the early 21st Century:
- Final Essay Prompt
Common Core Non-Fiction Essay #4: Do it Yourself, Without Help
"To Kill a Mockingbird"
- Romeo and Juliet
Common Core Non-Fiction Essay #5:
END OF YEAR PHOTOS: